Full-Day Addis Ababa City Tours
Full-day City Tours of Addis Ababa:-
Addis Ababa City Tours
Addis Ababa Sightseeing Tours
Addis Ababa sightseeing tours allows visitors to explore the capital city of Ethiopia which is situated at the intersection of east and west. Addis Ababa is a cosmopolitan metropolis with abundant art and culture. With churches, historic squares, museums and palaces the pride of the nations is regained on her. Meskel Square is one of the best examples of Addis Ababa historic squares where the local people celebrate festivals of most kinds and where one can see multiculturalism in the city.
Join us on a journey back through centuries. On our sightseeing tours, we will tell you facts about Addis Ababa and the background to its development while passing historic and cultural places such as Merkato, the Trinity Cathedral Church, St. George Church, monuments, statues, the Ethnological Museum, the National Museum of Ethiopia and more. We will show you places that closely reflect Addis Ababa’s present day such as around Addis Ababa Bole International Airport and where the AU Headquarter is located.
Languages: Tours are held in English. But, we can arrange German, Chinese, Italian, and Russian language-speaking guides depending on the configuration of the group.
Full-day Addis Ababa City Tour Itinerary
Our full-day city tours of Addis Ababa include the modern and historic features of the city. This sightseeing tour includes:
- The Ethnological Museum at the Institute of Ethiopian Studies at Addis Ababa University. At the Ethnological Museum, the former private salons of Emperor Haile Selassie I are open to the public and in which everything from the structure of the walls to the furnishings shine out brightly. This museum that comprises a bed room and living room of Emperor Haile Selassie I is furnished with precious furniture of several styles.
- The National Museum (The Natural History Museum) where you will have a chance to see Lucy, the oldest and more complete fossil remains of early human ancestors.
- The Holy Trinity Cathedral Church whose architectural interior and exterior designs just fabulous and its interior walls completely covered with religious paintings.
- The stupendous view over the city, forests and breathtaking air with air filled with the scent of the Eucalyptus trees around Mount Entoto. At mount Entoto, you will see a magnificent view back to the city and a wonderful view of the Jamma River in Ethiopia.
- Monuments and statues that have great historical significance.
- Mercato which is the largest open-air market in Africa.
- The AU Headquarter from outside.
- Residential areas where affluent people and diplomats live in Addis Ababa.
- And shopping areas.
If you have more time than what most full-day Addis Ababa city tours require, then you can also visit our Addis Ababa airport stopover tours to spend your stopover time by getting out of the town.
If you have only limited time to do Addis Ababa city tours, you can choose from our optional half-day Addis Ababa city tours itineraries to visit the most important highlights of the city. You can also visit Addis Ababa Airport layover tours to spend your layover time by experiencing the city if you are on your transit in Addis Ababa.